Technical Paper Presenters
All presenters must register and pay the appropriate conference fee by the registration deadline date.
WIOA looks forward to a range of topics to be discussed, contributing to the professional knowledge of the water community.
You will be required to prepare a technical paper that will be distributed to attendees in the conference app. WIOA can assist in the writing of the technical paper, please contact the office for assistance.
Guidelines for Presentations
Each presenter will be allowed a total of 20 minutes of presentation time, this includes your introduction, approximately 15-minute presentation, and 2-3 minutes for questions from the audience. The session chair will hold you to this time.
It is advisable to rehearse your presentation prior to the meeting to ascertain that the time is not exceeded. There will be discussion time after all the presentations.
Your paper should be no longer than 6 pages in total, including all graphs, charts, photos and tables. The font to be used is Times New Roman at 12 point in size. The margins and spacing between rows should not be changed from the template provided.
The technical paper should include:
- Title (10 word maximum)
- Author name, position and employer (include co-authors if more than 1 author)
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
Each operator poster presenter is required to be present a short oral description of their work. A total of 5 minutes of presentation time will be allocated and the author needs to be available for 2-3 minutes for questions and discussion from the audience.
Posters should not exceed a maximum size of A0 – 841(mm) x 1189(mm).
Some tips for an effective poster include:
- minimise words – posters should be easily read from a distance of two metres
- use graphs, charts, photos and tables as a tool for communicating ideas
- make it colourful
- be sure the text is in large font
- be sure the contents have a logical flow
- layout and headings must be visually stimulating
- be organised: the design of the poster and the style of delivery must be organised in order to be effective
- practise presenting your poster and prepare a brief script of one or two paragraphs and also a succinct one-sentence summary of the key message or theme to interest people and for them to take away
- posters should not advertise commercial services, logos or trademarks.
Posters will be provided in electronic format for distribution on the conference app and for posting to the WIOA website after the conference.
03 5821 6744
ABN: 83 123 468 422
PO Box 6012, Shepparton Victoria Australia 3632
24 New Dookie Road, Shepparton Victoria Australia 3630