WIOA is concerned about the ongoing impact of COVID-19 and it’s impact in Australia.
Of key focus is protecting the health, safety and welfare of our families, staff, members and water industry stakeholders.
As an organisation, WIOA is drawing directly on current advice and information provided by both Federal and State government authorities.
WIOA will look to rescheduling and staging our events when it is safe and appropriate to do so.
WIOA is committed to implementing all recommended precautions from the World Health Organisation, Federal and State Health authorities and will encourage all event attendees to follow all the guidelines still in place.
WIOA has curated a selection of key resources to assist you to navigate the evolving situation.
World Health and Government Resources
- World Health Organisation – Information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that was first reported from Wuhan, China, on 31 December 2019.
- Australian Government – Department of Health– resource page includes what you should know about the virus, situation updates, travel restrictions and resources and fact sheets for travellers, businesses, and others.
State and Territory Health Department Information
Workplace and Business Continuity Resources
Meeting and Event Specific Resources
- World Health Organisation – Key planning recommendations for mass gathering in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak.
- PCMA – Global Association of Business Events Leaders information page and resources.
- US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention – Interim Guidance – Get your Mass Gatherings of Large Community Events ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)