- All water providers/councils in South Australia are invited to participate in the Ixom Best Tasting Tap Water competition.
- Each water provider/councils is asked to nominate one preferred sample for inclusion in the competition.
- Where water provider/councils operate multiple water supply systems, the decision regarding which water sample to enter is left up to each water business.
- Entrants must have at least one person attending the taste test. This person may be required to provide further information about the sample, and accept certificates or trophies on behalf of the water providers/council if successful.
- All entries must have incurred no serious state or federal drinking water violations during the past 12 months*.
- Samples must be submitted by 12.00pm on Wednesday 1st August 2018 in a clearly marked container with the name of the water business it represents and the location/town from where the sample is derived.
- We require 3 litres of the sample water which must be provided in 3 x 1 litre sealed containers.
- Samples need to be delivered to the conference venue at room temperature. Cooled samples will not be admitted.
- Samples will be served at room temperature, to help the judges better taste, appreciate and rank each sample.
- All entries must provide a completed entry form.
- Heats will be conducted at 12.30pm at the WIOA SA Conference and Expo to be held on Wednesday 1st August 2018 at the conference venue – Murray Bridge Racing Club.
- The competition will be divided into a number of heats, with entries placed in each heat randomly drawn by WIOA staff.
- Each heat will have a heat coordinator.
- Heat judging will be undertaken by attendees at the conference who shall taste the samples and select their most favoured water sample by giving it one vote.
- The sample with the most votes will be judged the heat winner and the winner will proceed to the Grand Final.
- In the case of a tie, the winner will be chosen by the heat coordinator from those that are tied.
- As with the heats, the origin of each sample will not be revealed. The samples will be judged by attendees at the conference, members of the public will also be invited to taste the samples and select their most favoured water sample by giving it one vote.
- The sample with the most votes will be judged the winner.
- Only the identity of the grand finalists and the supplier of the winning sample will be announced – Grand Final or Heat samples will not be ranked, nor will any of the scores be released.
- The decision of the judges is final.
*A “serious” water quality incident includes protracted periods of poor water quality or boiled water alerts, an event leading to immediate potential public health risks or other break-down of risk-management protocols.
For more information, please contact Craig Mathisen at WIOA on 03 5821 6744, mobile 0457 846 008 or email email@example.com